A kitchen backsplash can be an aesthetic addition to your kitchen design, adding a splash of color and visual interest to your home décor. But the conditions of your kitchen demand more than just beauty from the design. So when it comes time to select the best kitchen backsplash tile for your home, it’s critical you weigh functionality against visual appeal to ensure you’re getting all you want and need from your design project.
Kitchen Backsplash Tile Options
Consider whether your kitchen is a family kitchen and how often you cook or entertain guests when choosing the best kitchen backsplash tile for your home. The options are vast and can include:
- A limestone backsplash can make quite a statement in your kitchen. The perfect choice in rustic kitchen designs, limestone must be sealed to protect against water stains and ensure easy clean up.
- Glass, while a more expensive option, can create a more dramatic design statement and is the perfect choice for colorful mosaics. The intricacies of the material’s colors and textures offers the ultimate in unique beauty. Plus, it’s hygienic and green. However, consider your durability requirements—while this material resists stains, it can be scratched.
- Ceramic tile allows you infinite possibilities with numerous color and shape options to choose from. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain—not to mention an environmentally friendly backsplash choice. Its nonporous qualities allow it to last you for many years with minimal staining or scratching.
- Travertine, like ceramic, is known to be a strong backsplash material. However, it’s vulnerable to scratching and staining and requires much more maintenance than some of your other options—including resealing every two years. If you want a kitchen backsplash tile with an earthy tone and don’t get too much traffic in your kitchen, this can be an excellent choice.
- Slate tile can be appealing in kitchen applications because it’s fireproof and heat resistant, not to mention extremely stylish and attractive. Slate is also waterproof and easily cleaned, but proper maintenance is necessary to prevent chipping.
The Best Kitchen Backsplash Tile for Your Home
Of course, the best tile for your kitchen backsplash varies depending on the surrounding room décor and the materials you’ve used for the flooring and walls. The experienced Ohio design professionals at The Hamilton Parker Company can help you select the best tile with further information about you and your home, so you can be sure the final result meets your needs for functionality and style.
We invite you to visit one of our tile showrooms, conveniently located in Columbus, Delaware, and Cincinnati, to view our products. For general inquiries, please give us a call or fill out an online form.